Saturday, September 26, 2009

Determination



Democracy
by -Langston Hughes

 Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Nor ever
Through compromise and fear.

I have as much right 
As the other fellow has
To stand
On my two feet 
And own the land.

I tire so of hearing people say, 
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.

Freedom
Is a strong seed
Planted
In a great need.

I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you.


Langston Hughes' poem, Democracy, explains how determined the African americans were when living on the edge.  The African American's survived through the challenging times by following there determination. The freedom for them was stolen by the racist, whites. They took over with power, treating the African American's with disrespect. Slavery, segregation and humiliation where used all against the African American's. Standing strong and never giving up, even when having to endure the pain, the African American's fought for freedom. With Many cultures having similar problems, the African American's educated the world on freedom. Freedom is a strong seed, and you must plant it with need, for it to grow. Determination brought the African American's to freedom. Frighting for what was truly wanted, gave them hope. This Poem speaks to all cultures about the importance of believing in yourself.  To never give up is a strong trait, and can help you find your dreams and fully achieve your own Freedom. Freedom was wanted when the African American's were treated with disrespect. Determination brought them to freedom. Believe in yourself and you can find your own freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment