Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Desire of a Great Sport

                       

The Desire of a Great Sport

 

Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete, (Willie Shoemaker). Have you ever desired something so important to you, that it changes you life by a lot? I have been playing basketball more than 7 years. Without it my life wouldn't be what it is now. 7 years ago my sister and I where introduced the beautiful sport, basketball. I was only a little kid and new nothing, yet I loved basketball. This brought me to who I am. I started as a little boy and became a bright, kind teenager. With the years of fun and practice I have been rewarded many times. Tournaments, medals, enjoyment and love. My most valuable reward was the awesome tournament. Our team beat everyone’s butt. Winning the gold medal, yet the best reward from this was the fun we all had. We beat everyone with fairness and enjoyment. Basketball is my most desired sport. I have gone so far with this hobby, and I am planning to continue it. With the rewards from playing and loving this beautiful sport, I have changed in many ways, the ways I love.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your desire, fuzzy peaches. I've had that desire lots of times. It started with badminton, and then chess, and then now football. So, now i have all my desires mixed together and im not sure how to handle them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic you are lucky you have found an interest that you love and feel so passionate about. I was happy to read that it is not all about winning but the learning, fun and desire to be better. It shows through in your school work too Nic. You work hard and try to do your best all the time! Basketball has taught you a lot.

    ReplyDelete